Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 17th October 2016.
1. China launches manned space mission
1. China moved a step closer to establish its permanent space station by 2022 as it launched a spacecraft carrying two astronauts, in its longest-ever manned space mission, who would later join its second experimental space lab orbiting the Earth.
2. Chinese astronauts Jing Haipeng, 50, and Chen Dong, 37, were blasted off into space by Shenzhou-11 (heavenly vessel) spacecraft at 7:30 am local time (5 am IST) from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre near the Gobi Desert in northern China. The launch was telecasted live by the state-run CChina Central Television (CCTV).
3. The Shenzhou-11 was put into orbit by a Long March-2F carrier rocket.
2. India, Hungary sign two agreements including co-operation in Water resources
1. India and Hungary on 16 October 2016 signed two agreements to enhance the bilateral relations between the two countries.
The first agreement is for cooperation in the field of water resources, including innovations in irrigation technology.
2. The second agreement is for promotion of co-operation between Indian Council of World Affairs and its Hungarian counterpart.
3. The two agreements were inked in Budapest during Vice President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari's visit to that country. Vice President is on a two-nation tour to Hungary and Algeria.
3. C Radhakrishnan chosen for Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016
1. Eminent writer C Radhakrishnan was selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016 in recognition of his contribution to the field of literature.
2. Radhakrishnan was selected by a panel chaired by novelist M Mukundan with Sethu and Sarah Joseph being the other members of the jury.
3. The award carries a cash prize of 2 lakh rupees, a citation and a statuette.
4. Sourabh Verma wins men's singles title at Chinese Taipei Open
1. Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma clinched the men's singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open badminton.
2. In the summit clash of the 55000 dollar Grand Prix tournament in Taipei City, Saurabh defeated Malaysia's Daren Liew, 12-10, 12-10, 3-3.
3. World No. 82 Verma rallied to grab the first two games 12-10 and 12-10 and emerged victorious after his opponent World No. 106 Liew retired at 3-3 owing to a problematic shoulder.
5. Boxer Neeraj Goyat retains WBC Asia Welterweight title
1. Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat retained his welterweight Asia title. In the final bout played in New Delhi , Goyat outpunched Australian Ben Kite 120-110, 119-109, 115-113.The fight was organised by the Professional Boxing Organisation of India.
2. The 24-year-old prevailed via unanimous decision in the gruelling 12-round contest against his 26-year-old rival, who came in with an experience of fighting 9 bouts. With this win, Neeraj has become the first Indian boxer to defend a pro title.
6. BRICS to set up credit rating agency
1. The five-nation group of emerging economies BRICS has agreed to set up an independent BRICS Rating Agency in its efforts to challenge western hegemony in the world of finance.
2. It was announced during the 8th BRICS summit held in Goa, India. BRICS comprises five emerging economies — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
7. 17 October: International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
1. The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed globally on 17 October for eradication of poverty throughout the world.
2. It seeks to promote awareness among people to eradicate poverty and destitution around the world particularly in developing countries
3. 2016 Theme: “Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms”.
8. 8th BRICS Summit concludes in Goa
1. The eighth BRICS summit was held in Goa from 15 to 16 October 2016. The summit concluded with adaptation of Goa Declaration. 2. The two day summit was attended by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Brazilian President Michel Temer and South African President Jacob Zuma.
3. The theme for the summit was “Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions”.