Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 21th October 2016.
1. Police Commemoration Day observed across India
1. The Police Commemoration Day was observed on 21 October . 2016 across India. The day commemorates the sacrifices of ten policemen while defending the borders with China in 1959.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh laid wreath and paid homage to the police martyrs at Police Memorial Ground, Chanakyapuri in Delhi.
2. Union Government to establish Krishi Vigyan Kendra in each district
1. Union Government in October 2016 decided to establish at least one Krishi Vigyan Kendra in each of the districts in country. These Kendra’s will be developed to provide technical assistance to farmers.
2. The decision was announced by the Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh while interacting via video conference with all the Krishi Vigyan Kendra experts, district level officers associated with agriculture development and progressive farmers of 12 States.
3. SC freezes BCCI's financial transactions
1. Supreme Court on 21 October 2016 froze all financial transactions between the BCCI and state cricket associations. The apex court directed the apex cricket body not to disburse any funds, even for the match purposes, till BCCI resolved to abide by Justice RM Lodha panel recommendations.
2. A bench headed by Chief Justice T S Thakur asked Lodha panel to appoint independent auditors to scrutinize all BCCI accounts. The judgment also directed the Lodha panel to ask the auditors to scrutinize the high-value contracts provided by BCCI.
3. The apex court also directed BCCI president Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke to give undertaking on affidavit, before the Lodha panel and apex court by 3 December 2016, stating how much time they would need to implement reforms.
4. SBI declares Silchar as its 5th zone in North East
1. The State Bank of India (SBI) has declared Silchar as its 5th zone in North East to facilitate banking issues for the customers of the region.
2. The 5th zone will further help to cater the banking needs of the people of Mizoram, Tripura and Manipur along with the Barak Valley of North east India. SBI also opened its administrative office at Silchar, Assam.
3. Other four zones of SBI in North East are Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh and Jorhat. Earlier, Silchar was under Guwahati zone. However, due to difficult terrain of the region it was tough on the part of the bank to address the complaints and issues of the customers in the region.
5. Okha-Kanalus, Porbandar-Wansjaliya sections of Gujarat become Green Train Corridors
1. The Union Ministry of Railways has declared the Okha-Kanalus and the Porbandar-Wansjaliya railway sections of Gujarat as Green Train Corridors. All trains passing on these 175-km long lines (141-km-long Okha-Kanalus route and the 34-km-long 2. Porbandar-Wansjaliya route) are now equipped with bio-toilets. On these routes, about 29 trains consisting of nearly 700 coaches have been equipped with bio-toilets to prevent open discharge free zone on tracks as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission.
6. World free zones body names P.S. Raman as representative for SAARC
1. The World Free Zones Orgànisation (World FZO) has appointed P. S. Raman, Joint Development Commissioner (Retd), Santacruz Electronics Export Processing Zone, Special Economic Zone, Mumbai, as its Regional Representative for SAARC countries comprising Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
2. The World FZO is an international multilateral organisation registered in Geneva and headquartered in Dubai, committed to supporting management and continuous development of Free Zones