Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 23th October 2016.
1. Kabaddi World Cup: India beat Iran to win third consecutive title
1. India triumphed in the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup for a third straight time as they staged a remarkable fightback to overcome a tough Iran 38-29 in the title clash, maintaining their dominance in the sport.
2. This was India’s third title triumph on the trot in a sport they have dominated for long.
3. Incidentally, Iran tasted defeat to India in the last two World Cup finals and at the Asian Games.
4. Ajay Thakur was the star performer of the final, claiming 12 points.
Captain of Indian team: Anup Kumar
2. Microsoft opens first cybersecurity centre in India
1. Microsoft India on Friday launched its first full-scale Cybersecurity Engagement Centre (CSEC). This is Microsoft’s seventh Cybersecurity Centre in the world and will function as a satellite to the company’s Redmond Digital Crimes Unit.
2. Located in Delhi, this “first-of-its-kind” centre in India will bring together Microsoft capabilities to foster deeper Cybersecurity collaborations with public and private sector organisations.
3. It will also build a trusted and secure computing environment, a critical enabler for India’s digital transformation, the company said, adding that the centre was launched after a successful year-long pilot.
3. Rajasthan HC dissolves state’s OBC Commission
1. Rajasthan High Court in October 2016 order dissolution of the State Other Backward Classes (OBC) Commission. The court said, the commission was constituted without the State Assembly enacting any legislation for it.
2. The Division Bench of the court directed the state government to appoint a new commission backed by a statute by 15 January 2017. It also directed that no salary or allowance of the members of this commission would be disbursed hereafter.
4. TRAI recommends Rs 3050 crore penalty on Airtel, Vodafone & Idea
1. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in October 2016 recommended imposition of 3050 crore rupees penalty on Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Idea cellular. The penalty was imposed for allegedly denying interconnectivity to newcomer Reliance Jio.
2. TRAI, in its recommendation to the Department of Telecom, said it has found the three companies to be non-compliant with licence conditions regarding giving interconnection to Reliance Jio customers.
5. NABARD sanctions Rs. 19,702 crore loan to National Water Development Agency
1. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned loan worth Rs. 19,702 crore to National Water Development Agency (NWDA). The loan will be provided through NABARD’s Long Term Irrigation Fund (LTIF) for 50 irrigation projects from 11 States.
2. This loan will be part of the Central share of assistance to State Governments. It will ensure front loading of resources so that the identified incomplete irrigation projects under Pradhan Mandtri Krishi Sinchai Yojna (PMKSY) are executed in time.