Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 27th October 2016.
1. Union Government constitutes Munialappa Committee to monitor bird flu situation
1. The Union Agricultural Ministry on 26 October 2016 constituted a High-Level Committee to monitor the bird flu situation and help state governments take steps to contain the disease.
2. The Committee will be headed by Munialappa, Joint Commissioner in the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries (DADF).
2. India, South Korea sign revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
1. India and South Korea on 26 October 2016 signed a revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
2. The Provisions of the new DTAA will have effect in India in respect of income derived in fiscal years beginning on or after 1 April 2017.
3. The earlier Double Taxation Avoidance Convention between India and Korea was signed on 19 July 1985 and was notified on 26 September 1986.
1. India and New Zealand signed three agreements in the areas of double taxation avoidance, food security and sports.
2. The agreements were inked in New Delhi in presence of New Zealand Prime Minister John Key and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. John Key was on a three-day (25 October to 27 October 2016) visit to India.
3. List of agreements inked were
• Arrangement regarding Food Safety Cooperation: It was inked between the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and the Ministry for Primary Industries of New Zealand.
• MoU for cooperation in the field of Youth Affairs and Sports: It was inked between Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Sport New Zealand of the Government of New Zealand.
• Third Protocol to the Convention for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income: It was inked between the Union Government and the Government of New Zealand.
1. Punjab Directorate on 27 October 2016 won the 2016 National Cadet Corp (NCC) National Games. Subhash Bhamre, Minister of State for Defence, presented trophies to the winners at the closing ceremony at Delhi Cantonment.
2. The NCC Games aim to provide the talented sportsmen among the cadet exposure of a major sporting event while preparing them with the requisite matching temperament towards furthering their sporting careers.
3. Key highlights of the closing ceremony
• The closing ceremony began with hundreds of young blossoming cadets performing a display of a choreographed dance with the theme Vibrant India.
• The Sarang Helicopter aerobatic team performed a well synchronized show.
1. World Day for Audiovisual Heritage was observed across the world on 27 October 2016. The theme for the day was It's Your Story - Don't Lose It.
2. The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage aims to raise general awareness of the need for urgent measures to be taken to safeguard audiovisual document. It also focuses on acknowledging the importance of audiovisual documents as an integral part of national identity.
1. The one-man judicial committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) set up by the Union Government, has submitted its report to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
2. The Union had appointed the committee under the Chairmanship of retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court L Narasimha Reddy in December 2015. It was tasked to look into the anomalies arising out of implementation of OROP.
3. The committee had held hearings at around 20 cities and towns across the country and interacted with cross sections of ex-servicemen as well as their associations. It also had received 704 representations from individuals and various ex-servicemen associations and had held extensive interactions with all stakeholders.
7. IPS officer Karnal Singh appointed as Director of Enforcement Directorate
1. The Union Government has appointed Senior IPS officer Karnal Singh as the Director of Enforcement Directorate (ED). Decision in this regard was taken by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.2. He will be in office till 31 August 2017. Karnal Singh is 1984-batch IPS officer of the Union territories cadre. Prior to this appointment, he was holding additional charge as Director of ED for over a year.
8. Gavaskar named ‘Stroke Ambassador for India’
1. The `Little Master', Sunil Gavaskar has been named the "Stroke Ambassador for the country." The announcement was made at the inaugural of the "10th World Stroke Congress (WSC)" underway at Hyderabad.
2. Stroke is a leading cause of disability and death worldwide. It affects young people in India during their productive period of life. Let us conquer stroke, Gavaskar said in a video message.
3. The Indian Stroke Association which is hosting the global event along with World Stroke Organization (WSO) made this announcement. The WSO is the only official WHO-affiliated NGO dedicated to the global fight against stroke
9. Sunil Mittal elected chairman of global mobile operators’ body
1. The global mobile operators' body, GSMA, on Thursday elected Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, as Chairman for a two-year period from January 2017 through December 2018.
2. As GSMA Chairman, Mittal will oversee the strategic direction of the organisation, which represents nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators, as well as more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem.
3. Mittal had led the GSMA board delegation at a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday afternoon.
4. In a broad-ranging discussion, the meeting highlighted the pivotal role of mobile in delivering the government's Digital India vision of broadband as a utility for every citizen, bringing digital and financial inclusion to every corner of the country.