Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 30th October 2016.
1. Union Government reconstitutes Inter-State Council
1.The Union Government has reconstituted the Inter State Council (ISC) and the Standing Committee of the ISC under Clause 2 of the Inter State Council order,1990. The Inter-State Council is a constitutional body to facilitate coordination between states and the centre. It will be headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
2. Members: Chief Ministers of all states and Union Territories (having legislative Assembly), Six Union Ministers. Besides, administrators of Union Territories which do not have legislative Assembly are also members of the Council.
2. Himachal Pradesh declared India’s second Open Defecation Free State
1. The State of Himachal Pradesh was officially declared Open Defecation Free (ODF). Every individual household in the state has functional toilet under the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’. With this, Himachal Pradesh becomes the second State in the country after Sikkim to achieve the feat.
2. However, among bigger states Himachal Pradesh is the first state to become ODF. Himachal Pradesh has successfully achieved total rural sanitation coverage of 100% in the state. Besides, all 12 districts in state were declared as well as verified as ODF. This status will further entitle Himachal Pradesh to receive World Bank funding under Rs 9,000 crore project to sustain sanitation campaign.
3. Ashok Chawla takes over as non-executive Chairman of YES Bank
1. Former finance secretary and Competition Commission of India chairman Ashok Chawla has taken charge as Non-Executive Chairman of YES Bank from today.
2. Chawla took over after non-executive part-time Chairperson Radha Singh completed her tenure as the bank’s director yesterday, YES Bank informed the stock exchanges.