Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 31th October 2016.
1. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) is observed across India on 31 October to commemorate birth anniversary of Independent India’s first Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhai Patel. Observance of the day provides an opportunity to re-affirm inherent strength and resilience of our nation to withstand actual and potential threats to unity, integrity and security of our country. 2. 2016 Theme: “Integration of India”.
2. October 31: World Cities Day
1. The World is observing Cities Day globally on 31st October to work together for a planned and sustainable urban life in the wake of rapid growth of population and problems.
2. The day aims to promote international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
3. 2016 Theme: “Inclusive Cities, Shared Development“.
3. EU, Canada sign CETA
1. The European Union (EU) and Canada have signed Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), a landmark trade deal.
2. The deal was signed by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and top European Union officials in Brussels, Belgium. Now all 28 European Union states are required to endorse it.
4. Ease of Doing Business: A.P., Telangana top in 2016 all-India ranking
1. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman released a report on State-wise Ease of Doing Business rankings on Monday.
2. The rankings are on the basis of 340-point business reform action plan and their implementation by the States. This covers the period from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016.
3. Andhra Pradesh and Telengana topped the all-India ranking with 98.78 per cent each, followed by Gujarat with 98.21 per cent; Chhattisgarh with 97.32 per cent and Madhya Pradesh with 97.01 per cent.
4. Haryana ranked sixth with 96.95 per cent followed by Jharkhand with 96.57 per cent; Rajasthan with 96.43 per cent; Uttarakhand with 96.13 per cent and Maharashtra completed the top 10 with 92.86 per cent.