Directions (1 - 5): In questions No. 1 to 5, some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the oval corresponding to the appropriate letter (A, B, C). If a sentence is free from error choose answers D.
1. The cruel lady made (A)/her step-daughter to do (B)/all the household chores.(C)/No Error (D).
2. My sister asked me (A)/ that how long (B)/ I would stay there (C)/No Error (D).
3. The teacher, as well as the students (A)/ have gone on an excursion (B)/ to Oozy during their summer vacation (C)/No Error (D).
4. The US (A)/ don't want (B)/ India in the Security Council(C)/No Error (D).
5. You can eat (A)/ as much as you like (B)/ at the newly launch bar (C)/No Error (D).
Directions (6-10): In questions numbers 6 to 10, sentences are given with blanks to be filled with an appropriate word(s), Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four .
6. He was assured by his friends ............ every type of help in an emergency.
7. Our monthly expenditure .......... by five hundred rupees when we decided to buy milk from the milkman.
(a) lifted up
(b) grew up
(c) shot up
(d) got up
8. .............. to people looked well enough, but when one looked more closely one saw that their faces were filled with despair.
(a) On first sight
(b) At first sight
(c) at first looking
(d) At first observation
9. The work ............... he left his office.
(a) on being finished
(b) having been over
(c) having completed
(d) having been completed
10. He was not a man ............. intelligence.
(a) absent of
(b) empty of
(c) lacking of
(d) devoid of