Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 11th November 2016.
1. India and Japan Sign Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement
1. After years of negotiations, India and Japan have signed a bilateral Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement on 11 November, 2016. With this, India has become the first non-NPT country with which Japan has signed a Civil Nuclear Agreement.
2. The civil nuclear agreement between the two countries was not realized so gar manly because India did not fit into Japan’s ‘Hikaku San Gensoku’ or three non-nuclear principles. These principles adopted in a resolution by Japanese parliament provide that Japan would neither possess nor manufacture nuclear weapons, nor shall it permit their introduction into Japanese territory.
2. Marta Jakimowicz selected for Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 by Lalithakala Academy
1. Poland-born art critic Marta Jakimowicz was on 10 November 2016 selected for the Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 by the Karnataka Lalithakala Academy.
2. Presently, she is settled in Bengaluru. Other than her, portrait artist Baburao V Nadoni from Belagavi, and KK Makali from Bellary were also selected for the award.
3. India to host 2018 International Competition Network annual conference
1. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) was selected as the host the 2018 International Competition Network (ICN) in New Delhi in March–April 2018.
2. By virtue of this event, CCI has also been inducted as an ex-officio member of the steering group member of the ICN for a period of 3 years. The 2017 ICN Annual Conference will be held in Portugal and will be hosted by Portuguese Competition Authority.
4. Peru to host 2016 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit
1. The 2016 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum’s Leaders Summit will be held in Lima, Peru from November 19 to 20, 2016. The theme of the summit is “Quality Growth and Human Development” and the official logo is the architecture of the ancient city of Caral.
2. It will be the second time Peru hosting to the APEC Summit, previously it had hosted the event in 2008. The 2016 summit will gather leaders from the world’s 21 most important member economies, as well as over 1,500 investors and entrepreneurs.
5. UP Govt appoints Sanjay Vijayakumar as Advisor and Mentor for startup policy
1. Sanjay Vijayakumar, Chairman of Startup Village, has been appointed Advisor and Mentor by the Uttar Pradesh government for its newly unveiled IT and Startup Policy 2016.
2. Vijayakumar, who is also Advisor to Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan governments for their Startup policies, has been tasked by the Uttar Pradesh government to “foster entrepreneurship and promote innovation by creating an ecosystem that is conducive for the growth of startups in the state.”
3. He has also been invited to become a member of the state-level Advisory Panel, which is to be constituted for guiding the entire Startup ecosystem in the whole of Uttar Pradesh.
6. Videocon d2h to merge with Dish TV
1. Nasdaq-listed Videocon d2h (Vd2h) will merge its operations with the largest Indian DTH player Dish TV, in an all-share deal to form the leading distribution platform.
2. The board of directors of both the companies on Friday approved a scheme of amalgamation.
3. The proposed merger, which is subject to approvals, is expected to be completed in the second-half of 2017. The merged entity will be renamed Dish TV Videocon Ltd, with Jawahar Goel as the Chairman and Managing Director. The combined entity would have revenue of ₹5,915.8 crore (on a pro-forma basis) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016.