Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 14th November 2016.
1. Union Government launches ‘Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’ medical facilities for ESIC beneficiaries of Delhi
1. Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) launched ‘Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’ medical facilities for its beneficiaries of Delhi. Kahin Bhi means any dispensary/Hospital and Kabhi Bhi means anytime.
The initiative Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’ was launched by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour and Employment, Bandaru Dattatreya.
2. With this initiative, all the network of dispensaries of Delhi has been made accessible to insured persons and their family members all the time. The initiative aims at saving time of the beneficiaries as well as the effort that he/she makes to avail the services.
Besides, Bandaru Dattatreya also inaugurated the ‘06 bedded Day Care Unit’ of ESI Dispensary in Sector-7, Dwarka in Delhi.
3. With this, the ESIC Dispensary Dwarka turned up to be a complete unit in itself with several medical facilities. The facilities available in Dwarka dispensary includes General OPD Care, Family Welfare Services, full time Laboratory and X-Ray and Diagnostic care.
2. World Diabetes Day 2016 observed across the world
1. The World Diabetes Day 2016 was observed across the world on 14 November with the theme Eyes on Diabetes.
2. Many activities were conducted with the main focus on promoting the importance of screening to ensure early diagnosis of type 2 diabetes and treatment to reduce the risk of serious complications.
3. PM Narendra Modi inaugurates International Conference on sugarcane value chain
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Conference and Exhibition on Sugarcane Value Chain – Vision 2025 Sugar in Pune, Maharashtra. The 3 days conference has been organised by Vasantdada Sugar Institute (VSI) at Manjari near Pune. Around 1,500 delegates are expected to participate in this conference from across the globe.
2. In this conference, eminent international and national speakers will deliver lectures on significantly different important aspects of sugarcane value chain.
1. With more than 200 films under his belt spanning a 56-year career, Jackie Chan has finally received an Oscar.
2. The 62-year-old action star was awarded an honorary Oscar at the Eighth Annual Governors Awards at the Hollywood and Highland Center in Los Angeles.
3. Tom Hanks, Michelle Yeoh and Chris Tucker presented Chan with the award. Hanks compared Chan to the likes of John Wayne and Buster Keaton.
5. Federal Bank to open its first overseas branch in Dubai
1. Federal Bank on Monday said it has received Reserve Bank of India (RBI)'s permission to open its first international branch at the Dubai International Financial Centre.
2. The proposed branch at Dubai will help the Bank serve its Non-Resident clientele better, the statement added.
3. Federal Bank has its Representative Office at Abu Dhabi that serves as a nerve centre for NRI customers in the UAE. The Bank also has an IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).
6. Israeli President Rivlin arrives in Mumbai on 8-day visit
1. Israeli President Reuven Rivlin arrived here this morning on an eight-day visit to India to further strengthen bilateral ties.
2. Rivlin, who landed at the Mumbai airport with a large delegation of businessmen and academicians, will leave for Delhi today.
3. He will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and visit several sites of co-operation and joint projects between the two nations.
4. The Israeli leader will join President Pranab Mukherjee in opening an agro-tech conference in Chandigarh.
5. He will also pay his respects at the sites of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks and lay wreaths at the memorials for Mahatma Gandhi and for Indian soldiers who fell in World War-I.
7. YES Bank appoints Amresh Acharya as Head Global Indian Banking
2. YES Bank offers a comprehensive product suite, technology enabled remote channels, a wide distribution network in India and partnerships with banks in various overseas markets including USA, Canada, Europe, South East Asia, UK , Australia and GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries.
3. YES Bank said it aims to provide global Indians with best in class financial services offerings such as savings and deposit products, investment options, online remittances, insurance and equity offerings.