Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 19th November 2016.
1. World Internet Conference 2016 concludes in Wuzhen, China
2. The theme of the 3rd World Internet Conference, which commenced on 16 November 2016, was Innovation-driven Internet Development for the Benefit of All – Building a Community of Common Future in Cyberspace.
2. Tamil Nadu gets world’s first salt-tolerant plant garden
1. The world’s first Genetic Garden of Halophytes (naturally occurring salt-tolerant plants) was inaugurated at the coastal town of Vedaranyam in Tamil Nadu.
2. The first of its kind garden in the world was inaugurated by Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib Fakim through video-conferencing.
3. Jagdish Singh Khehar appointed executive chairman of NALSA
1. The Union government has appointed Jagdish Singh Khehar, a judge of the Supreme Court, as the new Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA). He succeeds Anil R. Dave who retired as Judge of Supreme Court after completing tenure of over six years.
2. NALSA provides for free legal aid to the poor and weaker sections of the society. It has been constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.
4. India and Cyprus ink Revised DTAA
1. India and Cyprus have inked a revised Agreement for Avoidance of Double Taxation and Prevention of Fiscal evasion (DTAA) with respect to taxes on income, along with its Protocol.
2. It will replace the existing DTAA that was signed by two countries in June 1994. The provisions of new DTAA will enter into force after completion of necessary internal procedures in both countries.
5. World Toilet Day observed with theme ‘toilets and jobs’
1. World Toilet Day was observed on 19 November 2016 with an aim to motivate millions across the world on issues of sanitation. The theme for 2016 World Toilet Day is ‘toilets and jobs’.
2. The theme, toilets and jobs, focuses on how sanitation or the lack of it can impact livelihoods of people. The day also calls for action to help about 2.4 billion people who live without a toilet.
6. Pt Hari Prasad Chourasia gets lifetime achievement award for classical music
1. Noted flautist Pt Hari Prasad Chourasia has been conferred this year’s Sumitra Charat Ram Award for lifetime achievement in the field of Indian classical music.
2. The Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan awardee has also worked as a music director for Indian films, besides collaborating with several international musicians.