Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 1st November 2016.
1. 10th Indo-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran commences
1. The tenth edition of Indo-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal. Its emphasis will be on counter terrorism in mountainous terrain.
2. The two weeks (from 31 October to 13 November 2016) military exercise seeks to boost defence ties between India and Nepal.
3. In this edition of Joint Battalion Level Exercise, Indian Army is being represented by elite Kumaon Regiment, while Nepal Army is being represented by Jabar Jung Battalion.
2. Maharashtra tops in 2016 Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index of NITI Aayog
1. Maharashtra has been ranked first state in the country in 2016 Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index.
2. The first-ever index based on initiatives taken by the states in implementing farm sector reforms was issued by the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog.
3. Sushil Chandra takes charge as CBDT chairman
1. Senior Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer Sushil Chandra took over as chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) today.
2. He succeed Rani Singh Nair who retired from service. Chandra is a 1980-batch officer of Indian Revenue Service. Prior to this appointment he was working in the board as Member (Investigation).
4. Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly quits
1. Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly has quit the company after spending four years at the popular microblogging website.
2. The former Google executive added that he intends to devote himself to "building bridges in service of my mission".
3. Jaitly has also been associated with Knight Foundation and College Summit and was co-founder and CEO of Michigan Corps.
5. DRDO, Assocham sign MoU for transfer of defence technology
1. DRDO and Associated Chambers of Commerce of India have inked a memorandum of understanding to facilitate the transfer of defence technology to Indian industry.
2. DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) will from time-to-time give Assocham list of defence technologies that may have commercial potential for civilian use.