Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 20th November 2016.
1. Sindhu wins maiden Super Series Premier title
1. Olympic silver medallist P V Sindhu clinched her maiden Super Series Premier title after edging out Sun Yu of China in the finals of the USD 700,000 China Open badminton tournament here today.
2. Sindhu, who became the toast of the country after becoming the first Indian women to win a silver at Rio Games, continued her rampaging run as she lifted the prestigious title after beating Sun 21-11 17-21 21-11 in the summit clash that lasted an hour and nine minutes.
3. World No. 11 Sindhu had come into the match with a 2-3 head-to-head record but then statistics counted little when she took the court at the Haixia Olympic Sports Center.
2. Income Tax Department to launch Project Insight in May 2017
1. The Income Tax department is planning to implement the first phase of ‘Project Insight’ from May 2017 to monitor high value transactions, with a view to curbing the circulation of black money. 2. This project has been initiated for data mining, collection, collation and processing of such information for effective risk management with a view to widening and deepening tax base.
3. Over 115 killed as Patna-Indore express train derails in Kanpur
1. Over 115 passengers were killed and more than 200 injured, nearly half of them grievously, in the worst train accident in recent years when 14 coaches of the Indore-Patna Express derailed here in Kanpur rural area in the wee hours today due to suspected rail fracture.
2. The disaster took place just a little after 0300 hrs when the passengers were jolted out of their sleep as the Patna-bound train jumped the tracks, badly damaging four ordinary sleeper coaches in which hundreds were trapped.
4. Sharia banking: RBI proposes Islamic window in banks
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed opening of "Islamic window" in conventional banks for "gradual" introduction of Sharia-compliant or interest-free banking in the country.
2. Both the Centre and RBI are exploring the possibility of introduction of Islamic banking for long to ensure financial inclusion of those sections of the society that remain excluded due to religious reasons.
3. Islamic or Sharia banking is a finance system based on the principles of not charging interest, which is prohibited under Islam.