Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 26th November 2016.
5. Indian Navy’s seventh landing craft utility L-57 launched by GRSE
7. Upma Chowdhary named first woman director of LBSNAA
8. Co-creator of MiG-29 Fighter Jet Ivan Mikoyan passes away
1. Cuba's Fidel Castro dies aged 90
1. Fidel Castro, the revolutionary leader of Cuba, died . He was 90. News of his death was announced on national television by President Raul Castro.
2. The former Cuban President and leader of the Communist revolution ruled Cuba as a one-party state for almost half a century before handing over the powers to his brother Raul in 2008. His supporters praised him as a man who had given Cuba back to the people.
2. Mary Kom to receive Legends Award on December 20
1. MC Mary Kom, the Olympic bronze-medal winning boxer from India, will receive the 'Legends Award' on 20 December 2016. She will receive the award from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary.
2. At present, the Olympian and a five-time world champion is a Rajya Sabha MP. President Pranab Mukherjee nominated her as a member of the Upper House of the Indian Parliament in April 2016.
Mary Kom is also a multiple-time Asian champion and was named an AIBA brand ambassador during the 2016 AIBA Women's World Boxing Championships.
3. November 26: Constitution day
1. The Samvidhan Diwas or the Constitution Day of India is being observed on 26th November to spread awareness of Indian Constitution. On this day in 1949, constitution of India was adopted and came into force on January 26, 1950 marking the beginning of a new era in the history of free India.
2. The Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE) is the nodal Ministry for the celebration of Constitution Day. This year it is second edition of the Constitution Day. On this occasion Prime Minister Narendra has released two books on Constitution ‘Making of Constitution’ and ‘New Version of Constitution of India‘.
4. Union Government constitutes Amitabh Kant Committee to push cashless transactions
1. The Union Government has constituted a new committee to form a strategy to expedite the process of transforming India into a cashless economy.
2. The committee will be headed by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. It has been tasked with identifying various bottlenecks affecting access of digital payments.
1. Indian Navy’s seventh landing craft utility (LCU) L-57 was launched by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) in Kolkata, West Bengal.
2. LCU L-57 is the largest ship of this kind built anywhere in the world. It is the seventh vessel in the series of eight LCU Ships being designed and built by GRSE for the Indian Navy.
6. Veteran journalist Dileep Padgaonkar passes away
1. Eminent Journalist and intellectual Dileep Padgaonkar passed away in Pune, Maharashtra after brief illness.
2. He was 72. Mr. Padgaonkar along with Prof. Radha Kumar and Information Commissioner Prof. M M Ansari were part of the three-member interlocutors team chosen by the Union Government in 2010 to design a road map for peace in strife-torn Jammu and Kashmir.
1. Upma Chowdhary was appointed as new Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) at Mussoorie. She will be the 23rd director and first woman director of LBSNAA. She will replace Rajeev Kapoor.
2. Upma Chowdhary is a 1983 batch IAS officer of Himachal cadre. Currently, she is posted as Additional Chief Secretary in Himachal Pradesh. During her 33 years’ service as an IAS officer, she had served in several positions in the state and at the centre.
1. Russian aircraft designer and co-creator of the MiG-29 fighter jet Ivan Mikoyan passed away. He was 89.
2. He had the majority of his career as a leading engineer at the ‘MiG’ Aircraft Corporation’s design bureau, which was founded by his uncle Artyom Mikoyan.