Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 28th November 2016.
1. Sachin Singh wins gold at the AIBA Youth World Championships
1. Sachin Singh on 27 November 2016 became the third Indian boxer to bag gold medal at the AIBA Youth World Championships. In the summit clash at St Petersburg, Russia, Sachin recorded a stunning unanimous victory over Cuban national champion Jorge Grinan in the 49kg weight class.
2. Sachin defeated his rival 5-0 to record a rare Indian triumph over a Cuban boxer. 16-year-old Sachin has joined Thokchom Nanao Singh (2008) and Vikas Krishan (2010) in the Indian youth world championships gold club.
3. With this, India finished the tournament with one gold and a bronze. Naman had settled for a bronze Tanwar in the 91 kg after losing in the semifinal. In 2014 edition, India was able to secure just a bronze medal.
2. Francois Fillon wins France's Conservative Presidential primary
1. Former Prime Minister, Francois Fillon has won France’s conservative presidential primary, defeating opponent Alain Juppe by a landslide.
2. He will be up against National Front leader Marine Le Pen in the final presidential race, scheduled to be held in 2017. His vote count amounted to about 69.5% in comparison to Juppe’s 30.5%.
3. While Fillon’s political campaign mainly revolved around the promise of radical economic reforms, Juppe was more on the moderate side and warned of encroaching populism.
3. Noted Marathi author Anand Yadav passes away
1. Anand Yadav, the Sahitya Akademi awardee Marathi author, died on 27 November 2016 in Pune. He was 80.
2. He won the Sahitya Akademi award in 1991 for his autobiography 'Zombi'. During his illustrious career, Yadav faced a major controversy over his book 'Santsurya Tukaram', wrote on Sant Tukaram, a 17th-century saint poet from Maharashtra.
4. Lt. Gen. Qamar Bajwa appointed Pakistan Army chief
1. Lt. Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa was appointed Pakistan’s new army chief (or Chief of Army Staff , COAS). He will succeed Gen. Raheel Sharif who has formally retired from service.
2. He was elevated to the rank of four-star general by the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. The post of Army chief is the most powerful in Pakistan. The Pakistani army is world’s sixth-largest army by troop numbers. The army has played a prominent role in Pakistan’s politics since its independence in 1947 and so far has staged three coups.
5. RBI introduces incremental CRR to manage excess liquidity in banking system
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced an incremental Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of 100% for fortnight to absorb excess liquidity in the banking system following demonetisation.
2. CRR is the proportion of deposits that banks have to keep as cash with the RBI (or the central bank). Banks do not earn any interest on CRR balances kept with the RBI.
6. MobiKwik launches MobiKwik 'Lite'
1. Mobile wallet company MobiKwik on Monday launched a new mobile wallet application, 'MobiKwik 'Lite' to help unorganised retailers and shopkeepers across the country receive payments seamlessly.
2. Being an under 1mb app that works smoothly on EDGE connections, MobiKwik 'Lite' will address the underserved smartphone users in India, who face challenges of slow data connectivity and thus are unable to access digital payments easily.