Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 3rd November 2016.
1. Union Government appoints Bindheswar Pathak as brand ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission
1. The Union Ministry of Railways has appointed Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak (73), the founder of Sulabh International as a Brand Ambassador for Swachh Rail Mission of Indian Railway.
2. Indian Railways had tied up with Sulabh International to clean some important railway stations across the country as part of the mission with an aim to promote cleanliness at rail premises/ As a pilot project, Sulabh International had started cleaning and maintenance of five important railway stations Gorakhpur, Old Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Gwalior from September 2016.
2. Pratul Joshi wins Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament
1. Indian shuttler Pratul Joshi has won the Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament in the men’s singles category. It was his maiden international title.
2. In the final match played at Segayya in Bahrain, Pratul defeated his brother Aditya Joshi by 21-17, 12-21 and 21-15 score.
3. Sarabjit Singh Marwah becomes Canada’s first Sikh Senator
1. India born Sarabjit Singh Marwah has become the first Sikh to be appointed to the Canadian Senate (upper house). He was among six people from Ontario who have appointed to Senate by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. With this, he becomes the only Indian-origin member of the Canadian Senate.
2. He is third Sikh person in the Canadian parliament after Defence Minister Harjeet Sajjan and Science Minister Navdeep Bains. There are over 20 MPs of Indian origin the Canadian House of Commons (lower house).
4. India, Palestine ink MoU for setting up of Techo Park in Ramallah
1. India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Palestine for setting up of Palestine-India Techo Park at Ramallah in Palestine. The decision to set up Techno Park was taken during the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee to Palestine in October 2015.
2. The Technopark will be set up with an Indian grant of $12 million as part of India’s strong commitment to Palestinian cause. It will serve as an IT hub in Palestine with complete IT facilities offering a one-stop solution to all IT-related service requirements.
5. PM Narendra Modi launches Saur Sujala Yojana in Chhattisgarh
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Saur Sujala Yojana that would provide solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized price.
2. It was launched in Chhattisgarh as part of the state’s 16th foundation day celebrations. With this Chhattisgarh becomes the first state to implement the scheme.
3. Under the scheme, solar powered irrigation pumps of 3HP and 5HP capacity will be distributed to the farmers. The beneficiaries would get the pumps at the subsidised price. It is mainly aimed to give priority to those areas where electricity has not reached, so that farmers can utilize them in irrigation and agriculture.
6. Sri Lankan music legend Pandit Amaradeva passes away
1. Legendary Sri Lankan singer and composer Pandit Amaradeva, recipient of many international honours including India’s Padma Shri award, for his contribution to music, died following a heart attack. He was 88.
2. Pandit Amaradeva, born Wannakuwatta Waduge Don Albert Perera, was rushed to Sri Jayewardenepura Hospital here after suddenly falling ill.
7. Google, ASI join hands for virtual tour of monuments
1. Google has tied up with Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) for 360 degree virtual tour of 280-odd monuments across the country.
2. ASI had given the permission to Google for creating the virtual tour, which would be available in the maps. Some of the major monuments are Taj Mahal, Victoria Memorial and the ruins of Hampi, he said, adding eight were from Kolkata.