Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 10th January 2017. Daily Current Affairs and General Knowledge is very helpful for IBPS Bank Exams, SBI , RBI Assistant,NIACL, SSC and Railway Exams.
1. Pakistan test-fires first nuclear-capable submarine cruise missile Babur-3
1. Pakistan successfully test-fired its first Submarine-Launched Cruise Missile (SLCM) Babur-3 capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. This launch gives Pakistan a “credible” second-strike capability.
2. The Babur-3 missile was fired from an underwater mobile platform from an undisclosed location in the Indian Ocean and hit its target with precise accuracy.
2. China launches first commercial space mission with new Kuaizhou-1A rocket
1. China successfully launched first commercial mission using an updated version of the low-cost Kuaizhou-1A rocket. As part of the mission three satellites JL-1, CubeSats XY-S1 and Caton-1 were launched into space.
2. The rocket was launched form northwestern China’s Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Gansu province. Rocket technology company under the state owned China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (ACSIC) was responsible for the successful launch mission.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo named the world’s best player for 2016
1. Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo was named the world’s best player for the year 2016 at the inaugural Best FIFA Football Awards held in Zurich, Switzerland.
2. To win this title he received 34.54% of total votes. He defeated Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (26.42%), Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann (7.53%) to win the coveted prize.
Other 2016 awardees are
Best FIFA Women’s Player: Carli Lloydll (US).
Best FIFA Men’s Coach: Claudio Ranieri (Italy).
Best FIFA Women’s Coach: Silvia Neid (Germany).
FIFA Puskas Award: Mohd Faiz Subri (Malaysia).
FIFA Fair Play Award: Atletico Nacional FIFA Award for an Outstanding Career: Falcao (Brazil).
FIFA Fan Award: Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool supporters.
4. Sex ratio in Haryana touches 900-mark for first time in 20 years
1. The child sex ratio at birth (SRB) in Haryana for the first time has touched 900-mark in two decades. SRB in December 2016 in Haryana was 914.
2. From January to December 2016 out of 5,25,278 children were born in Haryana, 2,76,414 were boys and 2,48,864 were girl.
5. January 10: World Hindi Day
1. The World Hindi Day is observed annually on 10 January. On this occasion, Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has conducted special events to spread the greatness of the language through its missions abroad.
2. Besides, the Department of Official Language (Rajbhasha) also organises several events to mark this day.
6. ISRO, CNES ink pact on satellite launch
1. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and French Space agency (CNES) have signed a partnership agreement in satellite launch technology.
2. The agreement was signed between ISRO Chairman Kiran Kumar and CNES President Jean-Yves Le Gall in the presence of visiting French Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Marc Ayrault in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
7. PM Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s first international stock exchange at Gift city
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first international stock exchange at International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Gujarat International Financial Tech City (GIFT) located in Gandhinagar, capital of Gujarat.
2. It is named as International exchange-India (INX) and is wholly-owned subsidiary of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). It will start trading initially in currency derivatives, equity derivatives, commodity derivatives including Index and Stocks. Subsequently, it will also depository receipts and bonds once the required infrastructure for the same is in place.
8. HDFC launches Humanoid robot IRA
1. India’s second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank launched IRA (Intelligent Robotic Assistant), a ‘humanoid’ at its Mumbai branch. The human-sized robot Ira was developed in association with Kochi-based Asimov Robotics to assist the customers in banking activities.
2. It will provide smoother customer service, employee assistance, marketing and automate the banking process. Earlier in November 2016, City Union Bank had introduced India’s first banking robot named Lakshmi which uses artificial intelligence to handle 125 topics.
9. Kalyan Krishnamurthy appointed as CEO of Flipkart
1. Kalyan Krishnamurthy was appointed as new chief executive officer (CEO) of India’s largest online retailer Flipkart. He replaces cofounder Binny Bansal to a new position as group CEO.
2. In his new role, Krishnamurthy will be responsible for Flipkart’s profit and losses. With this appointment, cofounders of the country’s most valued Internet company have handed over the reins to a professional. Krishnamurthy is former executive of Tiger Global, a New York-based investment firm, which is also Flipkart’s largest investor.
3. Flipkart also appointed its CAO Nitin Seth as the Chief Operating Officer for the company.