Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 11th January 2017. Daily Current Affairs and General Knowledge is very helpful for IBPS Bank Exams, SBI , RBI Assistant,NIACL, SSC and Railway Exams.
1. World Bank drops India’s growth rate to 7% post demonetisation
1. The World Bank today decelerated India’s growth for 2016-17 fiscal to a “still robust” 7 per cent from its previous estimate of 7.6 due to demonetisation, but asserted that the country would regain momentum in the following years with 7.6 and 7.8 per cent growth.
2. Indian growth is estimated to have decelerated to a still robust 7 per cent (in fiscal 2017 ending on March 31, 2017), with continued tailwinds from low oil prices and solid agricultural output partly offset by challenges associated with the withdrawal of a large volume of currency in circulation and subsequent replacement with new notes.
2. India announces $100 million Line of Credit to Kenya
1. India on Wednesday announced a $100 million Line of Credit to Kenya for agricultural mechanisation after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta during which they also decided to deepen economic cooperation, identifying expansion of bilateral trade as a “priority.”
3. Railway minister launches new IRCTC app to promote digital ticketing
1.To promote ease of ticketing through digital transactions, railway minister Suresh Prabhu released the new passenger mobile the application named ‘IRCTC Rail Connect app’.
2.Currently, e-ticketing system caters to over 10 lakh passengers daily (comprising 58% of total reserved passengers) and to increase the ease to users, a new Android-based mobile application for reserved booking IRCTC Rail Connect has been developed.
4. Former wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat’s biography released
1. Former wrestler and coach Mahavir Singh Phogat made his way to the launch of his authorized biography 'Akhada' in Chandigarh.
2.Sports journalist Saurabh Duggal released the biography.
5. Jimmy Adams appointed new West Indies Cricket director
1.West Indies turned to former batsman Jimmy Adams into their new director of cricket Association.
2.Adams played 54 Test matches for the Caribbean side and will be able to draw upon from his vast experience as he turns his attention to overseeing the development of West Indies cricket at all levels.
3.The 49-year-old returned to Jamaica after ending a five-year spell as head coach of English county side Kent last October.He replaces Englishman Richard Pybus who had been in the position since November 2013.