Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. First woman is elected to Saudi local council
1. Saudi Arabia Salima bint Hazab al-Otaibi had become the first woman elected to public office in the conservative Islamic kingdom after winning a seat on the municipal council in Mecca in Saturday's election.
2. The election was the first in which women could vote and run as candidates, a landmark step in a country where women are barred from driving and are legally dependent on a male relative to approve almost all their major life decisions.
However, the election was for only two thirds of seats in municipal councils that have no lawmaking or national powers, and follows men-only polls in 2005 and 2011.
3. Ms. Otaibi won a seat in the Madrika district of Mecca, the holiest city of Islam, and where all the other successful candidates were men, the official Saudi Press Agency reported in a list of preliminary results.
2. Dilip Kumar honoured with Padma Vibhushan award
1. Legendary actor Dilip Kumar was today presented the Padma Vibhushan by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh at the thespian’s residence in suburban Bandra.
The 93-year-old legend was presented a medal, a certificate and a shawl by Singh, in the presence of the actor’s wife Saira Bano.
2. Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis were among other dignitaries present at the actor’s home when he received the award.
3. The announcement to honour Bollywood veterans Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and a few others with the prestigious Padma Vibhushan award was made by the government on the eve of Republic Day on January 25, 2015.
3. Farmer’s leader Sharad Joshi passes away
1. Economist, agriculturist, prolific journalist and stalwart farmer leader Sharad Joshi, who founded the Shetkari Sanghatana, passed away at his residence in Pune on Saturday. He was 81.
2. One of the tallest leaders to grace Maharashtra’s politics during the 1980s, Mr. Joshi, who hailed from Satara district in Western Maharashtra, was a much-feted student and a trained economist who worked with the Indian Postal Services for nearly a decade and served with the United Nations for as nearly as long. Consistently brilliant in academics, he also briefly lectured in Economics and Statistics at the University of Pune in 1957
4. Alibaba agreed to buy 112-year old newspaper South China Morning Post of Hong Kong
1. Alibaba Group Holding Ltd announced that it has agreed to buy the 112-year old English newspaper South China Morning Post (SCMP) for an undisclosed amount.
2. The agreement includes acquisition of SCMP Group's other media assets, such as licenses to the Hong Kong editions of Esquire, Elle, Cosmopolitan and Harper's Bazaar.
3. The acquisition of the Hong Kong's flagship English-language newspaper is the most politically sensitive acquisition by the e-commerce giant to date..
5. India and Japan exchanged 16 documents; Reached Agreement on Civil Nuclear Energy
1. India and Japan exchanged 16 bilateral documents including agreement on civil nuclear energy cooperation. The documents were exchanged in New Delhi during the state visit of Prime Minister of Japan to India.
2. Besides, both the sides issued Joint Statement on India and Japan Vision 2025: Special Strategic and Global Partnership Working Together for Peace and Prosperity of the Indo-Pacific Region and the World.
3. Following is the list of documents exchanged:
Agreement on Civil Nuclear Cooperation: Memorandum concerning the Agreement on Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy
Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on High Speed Railways: Between Mumbai and Ahmedabad with financial and technical assistance from Japan
Agreement concerning transfer of Defence Equipment and Technology Cooperation: It provides a framework to enhance defence and security cooperation by making available to each other, defence equipment and technology necessary to implement joint research, development and/or production projects or projects.
Agreement concerning security measures for the protection of classified military information: It ensures the reciprocal protection of classified military information transmitted to each other, provided that the terms of protection are consistent with the national laws and regulations of the Receiving Party.
Agreement on Amendment Protocol of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement: It amends the Convention between India and Japan for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income, signed in 1989.
MoC between Ministry of Railways and MLIT on Technological Cooperation in Rail Sector: It establishes areas for comprehensive technological cooperation including sharing of information and best practices; exchanges of officials and technicians among others.
MoU on technological cooperation between Research Designs and Standards Organization (RDSO) and Japan Railway Technical Research Institute (JRTRI): It proposes to cooperate in the areas of safety in train operation; advanced techniques of maintenance; use of environment friendly technologies, etc.
Letter of Intent on the Strategic International Cooperative Program between Department of Science and Technology of India and the Japan Science and Technology Agency: The Program seeks to promote and supports collaborative activities like Functional Applications of Physical Sciences in Information and Communication Technology (including Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analysis).
Letter of Intent toward establishing a young researcher’s exchange program between the DST, India and the Japan Society for the promotion of Science: This seeks to establish reciprocal Fellowship program for capacity building and human resource development in frontier areas of Science & Technology.
MoC on Medical Products Regulation Dialogue and Cooperation Framework: This was signed between Central Drugs Standard Control Organization and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan to facilitate a constructive dialogue in areas pertinent to raw materials for pharmaceutical use, biological products and and the relevant administrative and regulatory matters within the jurisdiction of the two Sides.
MoC in the field of Education: Seeks to encourage development of contacts and cooperation between the educational institutions of the two countries and possible support for exchange of aspiring students between India and Japan.
Statement of Intent between NITI Aayog and Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ): It lays down the broad mission of promoting cooperation in issues related to energy sector so as to examine and understand various energy sector related issues.
MoU on cooperation between State Government of Andhra Pradesh and Toyama Prefecture: It facilitates mutual collaboration in the interest areas of economic exchange; pharmaceutical production industry; cultural exchange; tourism exchange; person-to-person and academic exchange
MoU between State Government of Kerala and Lake Nakaumi, Lake Shinji & Mt. Daisen area Mayors Association: Under this, both sides agreed to develop trade, investment and economic relations between the business circles of with particular focus on small and medium enterprises.
MoU between Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) and National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS): It seeks to to enrich the intellectual environment of both the institutions.
MoC in the field of forests and forestry: It endeavours to enhance cooperation in human resource development and institutional exchange between training institutes; sustainable forest management; enhancement of forest conservation and forest disaster prevention.