Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey appointed as Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
1. Union Government has appointed Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of three years. Prior to this appointment, Dr. Pandey was associated with NGO Saksham working in the field of disability. He is a Science Graduate from University of Allahabad and Medical Graduate from Agra University in 1990.
2. He was also associated NGO with Sewa Bharti and there he had worked in rehabilitation of slum dwellers. He was also associated with NGO Akhil Bhartiya Dristihin Kalyan Sangh which is working for visually challenged persons.
2. Nation pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his 68th death anniversary
1. The nation remembered Mahatma Gandhi on his 68th death anniversary with President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi leading the country in paying homage to the Father of the Nation.
3. Morton Mower, Michael Marmot win 2015 Prince Mahidol Award
1. Morton Mower (US), Sir Michael Marmot (UK) have won the prestigious 2015 Prince Mahidol Award for their outstanding achievements in the international healthcare sector. Thailand’s kiing Bhumibol Adulyadej bestowed the awards on both of them at a ceremony held in Bangkok, Thailand.
4. Japan unveiled first stealth fighter aircraft X-2
1. Japan on 28 January 2016 unveiled country’s first stealth fighter aircraft X-2. The domestically-built fighter aircraft seeks to augment defence capabilities of the country that is surrounded by China and Russia that already have radar-evading aircraft technology.
2. X-2 is expected to undergo its first test-flight in February 2016.
5. Set up committee on living conditions of nurses in private establishments: Supreme Court
1. The Supreme Court (SC) on 29 January 2016 directed the Union Government to set up a committee to investigate the living conditions and salary structure of over 3 lakh nurses employed in private hospitals and nursing homes across the country.
The directive was given by a three-judge Bench headed-by Justice Anil R Dave while hearing a petition filed by the Trained Nurses Association of India.
2. The association contended that the nurses were underpaid and their working conditions were in clear violation of Universal Declaration of Human Rights, to which India is a signatory.
6. Graham Xavier Ford named chief coach of Sri Lanka for his second stint
1. South African Graham Xavier Ford on 29 January 2016 was named as the chief coach of the Sri Lankan cricket team for his second stint. At the time of his appointment, he was the head coach of the Surrey County Cricket Club
2. For the first time he was appointed as the head coach of the Sri Lanka national team, replacing Geoff Marsh in January 2012 and was in the post for two-year term till January 2014.He succeeded Marvan Atapattu, who resigned from the post on 3 September 2015.
7. Goa launches project tracking portal
1. Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar launched Goa e-Suvidha Portal, an online project tracking mechanism to fast track projects.
2. It aims at resolving a variety of issues in setting up infrastructure and other large projects , both in the public and private sectors, with targeted investment between ₹50 crore and ₹1,000 crore.
3. The system is designed to enhance efficiency, bring transparency, boost investor confidence, and improve the communication between the industry and the government.
8. Nitish Kumar selected for K Veeramani Social Justice Award
1. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been chosen for the prestigious K Veeramani Social Justice Award. He has been chosen for this award for his immense contribution for the cause of social justice especially for upliftment of weaker and marginalised sections of the society.
2. The annual award has been instituted by US-based Periyar International, an organisation of non-resident followers of Dalit icon Periyar EV Ramasami.
9. India, ADB ink $80 Million Loan Agreement to Improve Urban Services in Agartala and Aizwal
1. Union Government and Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed $80million loan agreement to improve urban services in two North Eastern cities Agartala and Aizwal. This loan agreement is the third tranche of a $200 million financing facility of ADB under its North Eastern Region Capital cities Development Investment (NERCDI) Program.
2. The loan funds will be used for investments in water supply, sanitation and solid waste management in Agartala and Aizwal. It will support urban reforms as well as strengthen the institutional, managerial, and financial capacity of service institutions benefiting nearly a million people in the two cities.
10. Uttar Pradesh joins UDAY scheme
1. Uttar Pradesh became the fourth state to join the Centre’s scheme to revive state electricity distribution utilities.
2. The state government signed a memorandum of understanding with the Centre and the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd, the holding company of the various electricity distribution utilities in the state.
3. Under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY), the state government will take over ₹39,900-crore of debt of the electricity distribution utilities. The balance ₹13,300-crore of debt will be issued as state guaranteed DISCOM bonds at coupon rates that are 3 per cent lower than the current interest cost. This would help save the distribution utilities ₹1,600 crore annually.Efficiency measures including reduction of AT&C losses will help bring additional revenue of ₹17,700 crore to the distribution utilities.
4. The four states – Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh – which have signed MoUs for joining UDAY, account for about 35 per cent of the outstanding loans of state electricity distribution utilities in the country.