Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Angelique Kerber wins 2016 Australian Open Title of Tennis
1. Angelique Kerber from Germany has won the 2016 Australian Open Title of Tennis in the women’s singles category. It was her maiden Grand Slam Tennis title. In the final match played at Melbourne, Australia she defeated defending champion Serena Williams (World No. 1) in three sets 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 score.
2. With this win, Kerber became the first German women tennis player to win a major Grand Slam Tennis title since Steffi Graf in 1999.
3. Jamie Murray (United Kingdom) and Bruno Soares (Brazil) pair won the 2016 Australian Open in the men’s doubles category. In the final match, they defeated Daniel Nestor (Daniel Nestor) and Radek Štěpánek (Czech Republic) pair by 2–6, 6–4, 7–5 score.
2. Book titled Nathuram Godse - The Story of an Assassin released
1. The book titled Nathuram Godse - The Story of an Assassin authored by Anup Ashok Sardesai was released.
2. The book was released at the government-owned Ravindra Bhavan in Margao, Goa by BJP leader and the bhavan's chairman Damodar Naik.
3. The book narrates the story of Nathuram Vinayakrao Godse who died an untimely death and his brother suffered a life of immense mental torture. It also speaks of the family of Godse who faced countless abuses and humiliations.
3. Anti-Leprosy Day observed on 30 January 2016
1. Anti-Leprosy Day was observed on 30 January 2016 nationwide to focus attention on the disease which is also known as the Hansen’s disease.
2. Annually, the day is celebrated in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi, who attained martyrdom on 30 January 1948, in order to re-memorize his selfless efforts and care for the people affected by the infectious disease leprosy.
4. Former Army Chief General K V Krishna Rao passes away
1. Former Army Chief General Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao, passed away in New Delhi following a cardiac arrest at the military hospital. He was 92.
2. He was the 14th Chief of the Army Staff of Indian Army and had played a key role in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War.
5. Geetu Mohandas wins Global Filmmaking award at Sundance
1. Actor-filmmaker Geetu Mohandas has received the Global Filmmaking award at Sundance Film Festival 2016.
2. The award is given to emerging filmmakers from the World Cinema stage on the basis of their next screenplay and the 34-year-old director received it for her upcoming feature “Insha’ Allah”.
3. Apart Geetu, who won the National Award for “Liar’s Dice”, Armando Capo from Cuba, Moroccan filmmaker Abdellah Taia and Antonio Piazza, Fabio Grassadonia from Italy have also won the award.
6. Naresh Bedi awarded V Shantaram Life Time Acheivement Award at MIFF
1. Veteran wildlife filmmaker Naresh Bedi has been conferred with the V Shantaram Life Time Acheivement Award at 14th edition of 2016 Mumbai International Festival (MIFF), Mumbai.
2. He was honoured for his outstanding contribution to wildlife filmmaking and is credited with filming several rare wildlife moments. Bedi’s film ‘Cherub of the Mist’ based on the life of two red pandas was the opening film of this edition of MIFF.