Daily Current Affairs of 19 April 2016 for all competitive exams. Read Daily Current Affairs play important role in competitive exams.
1. Maharashtra government on 18 April 2016 decided to restrict digging of borewells beyond 200 feet. The action was taken to check the steep decline in ground water level in the state, which at present is facing recurring droughts and severe water crisis in Marathwada and Vidarbha region.
2. The violators of the rule would face fine or/and imprisonment, as the action will be considered as a punishable offence.
3. Besides, the state government also conducted special workshops of concerned officials’ to discuss the ways for implementation of Maharashtra Groundwater Development and Management Act to control the excess water pumping through borewell.
2. World Bank Group to Invest 2.5 Billion US Dollars in Education Projects benefiting Adolescent Girls
1. World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim announced that the World Bank Group will invest 2.5 billion US dollars over 5 years in education projects that directly benefit adolescent girls.
2. The announcement was followed by a call to action from the First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama, urging key policymakers and influencers from around the world to commit to urgent action in support of adolescent girls.
3. Union Government released Commemorative Coin and Circulation Coin on Tatya Tope
1. Union Minister for Culture and Tourism and Civil Aviation Mahesh Sharma released a Commemorative Coin of 200 rupees and a Circulation Coin of 10 rupees to mark the Martyrdom Day of Tatya Tope.
2. The Union Ministry of Culture has been celebrating the 200th Birth Anniversary of Tatya Tope during 2015-16 in association with State Government of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh respectively.
4. Deepak Mishra appointed as ADG of CRPF
1. Senior IPS officer Deepak Mishra has been appointed as Additional Director General in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). His appointment was cleared by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
2. He will have tenure till November 2018 with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post. Deepak Mishra is IPS officer of the 1984 batch of the Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre.
5. Rafael Nadal wins 2016 Monte Carlo Masters title of Tennis
1. Ace tennis player Rafael Nadal (World No 5) from Spain has won the 2016 Monte Carlo Rolex Masters title of Tennis. In the final match he defeated Gael Monfils of France by 7-5, 5-7, 6-0 score. It was his overall 9th Monte Carlo Masters title and his 68th win from 100 finals on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour.
2. It was also Nadal’s 100th ATP Tour final appearance and this win also helped Nadal to equal Noval Djokovic’s (World No 1) record of 28th Masters Titles. So far, Rafael Nadal has won 14 Grand Slam singles titles, 28 titles in ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events and 16 ATP World Tour 500 tournaments.