Dear SSC Aspirants, practice General studies questions for upcoming CGL 2016 and Other exams.
2) The Slack Season in the Indian Economy is?
a) Feb - Apr
b) Mar - Apr
c) Jan - June
d) Sep - Dec
3) Development expenditure of the Central government does not include?
a) Expenditure on economic services
b) Defence expenditure
c) Grant to states
d) Expenditure on social and community services
4) "The Board of Financial Supervision " was constituted to have mandate over
a) Only commercial banks
b) Only financial institutions
c) Only non - banking financial companies
d) All of these
5) The balance of the payments deficit in India can be eased by
a) conserving the foreign exchange reserves
b) promotion of exports
c) liberalisation of imports
d) export promotion and import substitution
6) Which two of the following nationlised banks have been merged as per the recommendation of the Narasimhan Committee ?
a) New Bank of India and Bank of India
b) Central Bank of India and Corporation Bank
c) Parur Bank of India and Bank of India
d) Punjab National Bank and New Bank of India
7) Open market operations of a Central Bank are sale and purchase of
a) Foreign currencies
b) corporate securities
c) trade bills
d) government securities
8) Indias Economic Summit was held in December 1999, in
b) New Delhi
9) Among Indian Economics who had done pioneering work on National Income ?
a) P.N. Dhar
b) Jagdish Bhagwati
c) V. K. R. V. Rao
d) Prof. Shenoi
10) .The ""Garibi Hatao"" slogan was coined in