Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 10 July 2016
1. NATO Summit 2016 concluded in Warsaw
1. The 2-day long NATO Summit concluded on 9 July 2016 in Warsaw, Poland. It was the 27th summit biannual summit of NATO since its inception in 1949.
2. The summit was attended by Heads of State and Heads of Government of NATO members including the USA President Barack Obama, Polish president Andrzej Duda and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
Besides, the summit also saw the presence of Heads of Government of non-member States and organizations of NATO including Afghanistan.
3. The agenda of the biannual summit included -
• The situation in Eastern Europe
• The risks emanating from the Middle East
• Reform of NATO’s partnership policy
• Question of enlargement
• Debate about the future nuclear strategy of the Alliance
2. India extends $ 92 mn Line of Credit to Tanzania
1. Seeking to enhance its ties with resource-rich Tanzania, India today extended its full support to it to meet its development needs and signed five agreements, including one for providing a Line of Credit of USD 92 million in the water resources sector.
2. The two sides signed an agreement under which India will provide a Line of Credit of USD 92 million for rehabilitation and improvement of Zanzibar’s water supply system.
3. Other agreements signed include an MoU on water resource management and development, MoU for establishment of vocational training centre at Zanzibar, MoU on visa waiver for diplomatic/official passport holders and an agreement between National Small Industries Corporation of India and Small Industries Development Organisation Tanzania.
3. Aditya Puri named best banking CEO in Asia
1. Aditya Puri, the chief executive and managing director of the second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank, has been ranked as the best banking CEO in Asia by the investor community.
2. The bank’s chief financial officer Sashi Jagdishan has been ranked as the best CFO, apart from getting ranked as the best IR company as well, thereby making it the most honoured one in the Institutional Investor magazine.
4. Andy Murray beats Milos Raonic to claim second Wimbledon title
1. Britain's Andy Murray claimed his second Wimbledon title with a clinical 6-4 7-6(3) 7-6(2) defeat of big-serving Canadian Milos Raonic on Centre Court.
2. The world number two, champion in 2013, was in control throughout the two hour 48 minute contest as sixth seed Raonic's power game made little impact on the 29-year-old Scot.