Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
1. India’s first Green Rail Corridor launched in Tamil Nadu
1. The India’s first Green Rail Corridor was inaugurated on the 114-km long Rameswaram-Manamadurai stretch in Tamil Nadu. It was inaugurated by Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu through video-conferencing from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. The Green Rail Corridor ensures zero toilet discharge on rail tracks as part of its commitment to clean environment under the ‘Swachh Rail-Swachh Bharat’ initiative. Trains in the section have been equipped with bio-toilets to ensure zero discharge of human waste on the rail tracks.
2. Feliciano Lopez wins 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad
1. Top-seeded Feliciano Lopez of Spain on 24 July 2016 defeated Robin Haase of the Netherlands 6-4, 7-5 to win the 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad.It is Lopez’s first title on clay and his fifth overall.
2. Feliciano Lopez is a professional tennis player on the ATP Tour. He achieved his career-high singles ranking of world no. 12 in March 2015.
3. Nepal Prime Minister KP Oli resigns ahead of a no-confidence vote
1. Nepal's Prime Minister, Khadga Prasad Oli, on 24 July 2016 resigned from his office. He resigned ahead of a no-confidence vote.
2. Oli’s resignation, who was heading Nepal’s eighth government in past 10 years, threw the nation into a fresh political turmoil.
Oli, 64, who became prime minister of Nepal in October 2015, has been facing a no-trust motion after the Maoists withdrew support from the coalition government.
4. China unveils world’s largest amphibious aircraft
1. China has completed the production of the world’s largest amphibious aircraft dubbed as the AG600. It was unveiled by the state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) in the southern port city of Zhuhai.
2. AG600, the massive seaplane is far larger than any other plane built for marine take-off and landing. The aircraft has a maximum take-off weight of 53.5 tonnes and is around the size of a commercial plane Boeing 737. It has a maximum range of 4,500 km and is intended for fighting forest fires and performing marine rescues.
5. Indian shooters Manavaditya Rathore and Anant Naruka win Bronze medal in Junior World Cup
1. Indian shooter Manavaditya Rathore has won the trap bronze medal in the Champion of Champions match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy. Manavaditya won the bronze medal in trap event. He son of Athens Olympics silver medallist and Minister of State (MoS) of Information and Broadcasting Col Rajyavardhan Rathore/
2. Besides, Anant Naruka won a bronze medal in the Champion of Champions in skeet event of the Junior World Cup. In the Champion of Champions event, the medallists of the three Junior World Cups of the year had competed against each other.
6. Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix of F1
1. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has won the 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix title of Formula One. It his overall fourth Hungarian Grand Prix title after winning it in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013.
2. Thus he holds record of most wins (drivers) with 5 wins. Besides it was his fifth title of the 2016 season after Monaco Grand Prix (May 2016), Canadian Grand Prix (June 2016), Austrian Grand Prix (July 2016) and British Grand Prix (July 2016) Hungarian Grand Prix was the eleventh race of the 2016 season and was held at the Hungaroring is a motor-racing circuit in Mogyoród, Hungary.