Dear SSC Aspirants, practice General studies questions for upcoming CGL 2016 and Other exams.
C. Madhya Pradesh
2. Large number of fish are found on the western coast of the deserts In the tropical region This is because
A. The hot-dry climate is more suitable for fish
B. Up-welling of cold waters from the bottom of the sea provide abundant food for fish
C. Fish in large numbers come up from the sea bottom
D. Clear sunshine attracts fish in large numbers
3. In which type of rocks are coal and petroleum found ?
4. Name the Continents that form a mirror.
A. Asia and Africa
B. North America and South America
C. Africa and South America
D. Europe and Asia
5. In the interior of the Earth
A. the temperature rises with increasing depth
B. the temperature falls with increasing depth
C. the pressure falls with increasing depth
D. both temperature and pressure fall with increasing depth
6. Which one among the following is the best reason for the marked increase in the agricultural production in India in the past decades?
A. Increase in the area under cultivation
B. Conversion of barren land into agricultural land
C. Use of improved agricultural methods and technologies
D. Priority status given by the successive governments to agricultural sector over the industry sector
7. Which of the following is a mineral?
8. Consider the following pairs:
Organization Location of Headquarters
1. Asian Development bank : Tokyo
2. Asia-pacific Economic Corporation : Singapore
3. Association of South East Asian nations :Bangkok
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 3 only
9.A layer in the Earth’s atmosphere called Ionosphere facilitates radio communication. Why?
1. The presence of ozone causes the reflection of radio waves to Earth.
2. Radio waves have a very long wavelength.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
10.When you travel in certain parts of India, you will notice red soil. What is the main reason for this colour?
(a) Abundance of magnesium
(b) Accumulated humus
(c) Presence of ferric oxides
(d) Abundance of phosphates