1. World’s first daily driverless bus service launched in Lyon, France
1. The world’s first daily driverless bus service has started in Lyon, . France which will run in the city’s Confluence area. The driverless bus service includes two electric shuttles that will transport passengers on a ten-minute route hosting five stops.
2. The driverless buses can hold up to 15 passengers and are electric buses. It has features like LIDAR radar technology and motion sensors will help to avoid accidents. The LIDAR radar technology allows these buses to know exactly where they are and to detect everything happening around them.
2. Union Cabinet approves formation of GST Council
1. The Union Cabinet approved the process, formation and functioning of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council.
2. The council will consist of the Finance Minister and State Finance Ministers. It will make recommendations on important issues related to GST, including items and rates.
3. The GST Council and its Secretariat will be set up as per the following details:
• Creation of the GST Council as per Article 279A of the amended Constitution
• Creation of the GST Council Secretariat, with its office at New Delhi
• Appointment of the Secretary (Revenue) as the Ex-officio Secretary to the GST Council
• Inclusion of the Chairperson, Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), as a permanent invitee (non-voting) to all proceedings of the GST Council
• Create one post of Additional Secretary to the GST Council in the GST Council Secretariat and four posts of Commissioner in the GST Council Secretariat
3. Stan Wawrinka defeats Novak Djokovic to win 2016 US Open Men’s Singles title
1. Third seed Stan Wawrinka on 11 September 2016 defeated world number one Novak Djokovic to lift the 2016 US Open Men’s Singles title.
2. In the final, Swiss Wawrinka defeated Serbian Djokovic 6-7, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 to clinch the title.This is Wawrinka’s maiden US Open title and his third major title.
4. Army Green beat Neroca FC 6-5 to lift Durand Cup
1. Army Green won the Durand Cup football title. In the final of Asia's oldest football tournament in New Delhi, Army Green defeated Neroca FC 6-5 via penalty shoot outs.
2. In the semi-final, Army Green had prevailed over Aizawal FC by a 4-2 margin, to become the first Army team since 2005 to reach the title clash.
5. Union Government issues fresh guidelines for flexi-fund for CSS
1. Union Government issued fresh flexi-fund guidelines for Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS). The guidelines would give more freedom to states in spending money under the CSS to meet local developmental requirements.
2. Under the new norms, flexi-funds in each CSS have been increased from the current 10 percent to 25 percent for states and 30 percent for Union Territories. Now, the states can use the fund to undertake mitigation or restoration activities in case of natural calamities, or to satisfy local requirements in areas affected by internal security disturbances.