Dear Readers, we are presenting Awards and Honours based on The Hindu review from July 2016 to October 2016 for upcoming Bank of Maharashtra PO exam and other competitive exams.
1. Two economists Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom have won the 2016 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences.
2. Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling was honoured with prestigious Sustainable Development Leadership Award of the The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
3. Trio of Jean-Pierre Sauvage, J Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa have won the prestigious 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
4. Sprinter Srabani Nanda wins 24th Ekalabya Award.
5. Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos wins 2016 Nobel Peace Prize
6. Former ISRO Chairman and space scientist Prof Udupi Ramachandra Rao became the first Indian to be inducted in the Hall of Fame of International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
7. Nayanjot Lahiri wins 2016 John F Richards Prize.
8. Akademi’s Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) was presented to Bharatnatyam dancer and dance scholar C V Chandrasekhar.
9. British trio of physicists David Thouless, F Duncan M Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz have won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physics. They will share the 8 million Swedish kronor prize.
10. Wildlife film-maker Prajna Chowta conferred knighthood by France.
11. Indian-American Vinaya Manchaiah named Future Leader of Audiology
12. Yoshinori Ohsumi (71) of Japan has won the 2016 Nobel Prize for physiology or Medicine for his pioneering work on autophagy.
13. Indian-origin South African Kiara Nirghin (16) has won a $50,000 scholarship at the annual Google Science Fair held in United States.
14. Telugu writer Prof Kalakaluri Enoch conferred 29th Moortidevi Award
15. Uttam Singh to be honoured with Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement
16. Sanjay Dutta, Ritesh Sarothiya selected for Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards
17. Murga has won the first prize at the Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival (SBSFF). The short film was directed by young filmmaker Katyayan Shivpuri from Maharashtra.
20. The Tamil film “Visaranai” has been selected as the India’s official entry to Oscars 2017 (89th Academy Awards) in the Foreign Language Film category.
21. Syrian aid group White Helmets has won the prestigious Right Livelihood Award which is also known as ‘alternative Nobel’ prize.
22. Cricketers Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma were conferred with the Arjuna Award for their contributions to sport of cricket. The award was bestowed upon them by Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel in New Delhi. Sharma was bestowed with the award for the year 2015 and Rahane for the year 2016.
23. Writer Meghna Pant has won the Fellows of Nature (FON) South Asia Short Story Award in Nature writing.
24. Indian-born researcher Dinesh Bharadia (28) has won the prestigious 2016 Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award for his contribution to radio waves.
25. Indian-American physician-author, Abraham Verghese (61) has been selected for the prestigious 2015 National Humanities Medal.
26. India-born innovator and scientist Ramesh Raskar has won the prestigious 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize. He is an associate professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT’s) Media Lab.
27. Senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy has been honoured with Tamil Ratna award by America Tamil Sangam (ATS) in New York.
28. Haryana has won ‘Best Horticulture State’ award of the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA).
29. Novel based on Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh titled Into the Hidden Valley has won 2016 MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction in the United Kingdom.
30.Assam-based ecologist and conservation activist Bibhuti Lahkar has won prestigious ‘Heritage Heroes Award’ of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
31. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited was appointed Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour (Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur).
32. Adi Godrej conferred Clinton Global Citizen Award
33. Aung San Suu Kyi honoured as 2016 Humanitarian of the Year by Harvard Foundation
34. Nadia Murad Basee Taha appointed UNODC Goodwill Ambassador
35. Anjum Chopra becomes first Indian woman to be honoured with MCC life membership
36. Thithi wins Best Film Award at first BRICS Film Festival
37. Mother Teresa canonised as Saint by Pope Francis at Vatican
38. Padma Sachdev gets Saraswati Samman for year 2015.Sachdev, who is the first women poet in Dogri language.
39. Two Indians TM Krishna and Bezwada Wilson have received the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay prize for the year 2016.
40. Hindi author Sunita Jain conferred with Vyas Samman award 2015
41. The Ordre des Arts et des Lettres is an Order of France, established on 2 May 1957 by the Minister of Culture.
42. IOA Chief N Ramachandran bestowed with the Olympic Order award.
43. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma to be conferred with Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award
44. A R Rahman honoured with Tamil Ratna Award
45. Shubha Mudgal to be awarded Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award
46. East Bengal to honour Milkha Singh with Bharat Gaurav Award
47. A Kanyakumari becomes first woman violinist to receive Sangita Kalanidhi Award
48. Bappi Lahiri conferred Mahanayak Samman of West Bengal
49. Kerala Tourism wins Gold at PATA Awards
50. Rohit Khandelwal becomes first Indian to win Mister World title
51. President confers 51st Jnanpith Award on Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari.He also became the fourth Gujarati literary artist to receive the prestigious award.
52. South African writer Lidudumalingani Mqombothi wins 2016 Caine Prize
53. Social entrepreneur Zubaida Bai wins UN honour for corporate sustainability initiative
Click Here to Download in PDF
Click Here to Download in PDF