Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 12th October 2016.
|Current Affairs& GK for Banking/SSC Exams|
1. International Day of the Girl Child 2016 observed across the world
1. The 2016 International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC) was observed across the world on 11 October 2016 with the theme Girls' Progress = Goals' Progress: What Counts for Girls.
2. The theme for the 2016 IDGC asks for a call for action for increased investment in collecting and analyzing girl-focused, girl-relevant and sex-disaggregated data.
2. Morocco: Abdelilah Bekirane appointed for another term as PM
1. Abdelilah Bekirane, leader of Morocco's Islamic Justice and Development Party (PJD), was appointed as country's Prime Minister on 10 October 2016. This will be his second term as Prime Minister of Morocco.
2. Mohammed VI, the king of Morocco, made the announcement after Benkirane's PJD party emerged with the most number of seats in the 395-seat lower house of parliament.
3. In the election held on 7 October 2016, the PJD party, which has been running a coalition government since 2011, won 125 seats. The opposition Authenticity and Modernity Party came second with 102 seats. The country’s oldest party Istiqlal (Independence) Party stood third with 46 seats.
3. India clean-sweeps three match test series against New Zealand
1. India won the three-match test series against New Zealand, 3-0. In the third and final test played at Holkar Stadium in Indore, India wrapped up the New Zealand innings at 153 in 44.5 overs claiming a huge victory by 321 runs.
2. The entire second innings of the visitors folded in just one-and-a-half sessions on Day -4 with an entire day remaining. The chief wrecker for India was R Ashwin who claimed 13 wickets in the match with six wickets in first and seven in the second inning. It was also Ashwin’s sixth ten-wicket haul in 39 Tests and 21st 5-wicket haul.
4. India-Indonesia bilateral maritime exercise commences at Belawan, Indonesia
1. The 28th India and Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) and Second Bilateral Maritime Exercise have commenced at Belawan, Indonesia in the Andaman Sea.
2. The 17-day-long bilateral exercise (from 10 to 27, October, 2016) will demonstrate India’s commitment to its ties with Indonesia and to maritime security in Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
5. Union Government to adopt three-pronged approach to spur internal trade
1. The Union Government may soon consider adopting a three-pronged approach to revitalise domestic retail and wholesale trade. 2. The three-pronged approach includes
(i) Establishing a regulatory body for national internal trade (retail and wholesale)
(ii) Comprehensive domestic trade policy and
(iii) Board for Internal Trade.
6. ICICI Bank executes remittance transactions using blockchain tech
1. ICICI Bank on Wednesday said it has successfully executed transactions in international trade finance and remittance using blockchain technology in partnership with Emirates NBD.
2. India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets said it is the first bank in the country and among the first few globally to exchange and authenticate remittance transaction messages as well as original international trade documents related to purchase order, invoice, shipping and insurance, among others, electronically on blockchain in real time.
3. ICICI Bank executed these pilot transactions through its blockchain network with Emirates NBD, a West Asia-based banking group, on a custom-made blockchain application, co-created with EdgeVerve Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Infosys.
7. Jitu Rai wins Champion of Champions pistol award of ISSF
1. Ace Indian Shooter Jitu Rai has won the 2016 Champion of Champions pistol Award of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) for pistol shooting.
2. He won the award consisting cash prize of €5000 in the World Cup Final held in Bologna, Italy. In the 10 m Air Pistol Champions Trophy final Jitu Rail defeated Damir Mikec of Serbia by 29.6 to 28.3 points. Olympic champion Anna Korakaki finished third in this event.
8. Union Government to invest Rs 15000 crore to increase Panipat oil refinery capacity
1. The Union Government has decided to invest 15,000 crore rupees to increase the capacity of Panipat refinery in Haryana to 25 Million Tonnes from existing 15 Million Tonnes.
2. It was announced by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan at a function in Panipat.