Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 15th November 2016.
1. 2016 will be hottest year on record
1. According to the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the year 2016 was the warmest year on record globally. It was mentioned in the WMO’s preliminary assessment provided in its ‘Status of the Global Climate in 2016’ report. WMO is the United Nations’s authoritative voice on Weather, Climate and Water.
2. India, Israel ink two agreements
1. India and Israel have inked two agreements in the field of water resources management and agriculture. These agreements were signed following the delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Israeli President Reuven Rivlin in New Delhi.
2. Israeli President Reuven Rivlin is in India on a six-day official state visit. He is the first Israeli head of state to visit India in nearly 20 years. The last and first Israeli president to officially visit India was Ezer Weizman in January 1997.
3. Special Task Force led by SS Mundra formed to recalibrate ATMs
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed Special Task Force to speed up the process of recalibration of automated teller machines (ATM) to dispense the new denomination notes. The Special Task Force will be headed by S.S Mundra, Deputy Governor, RBI.
2. Representatives from the Union Finance and Home ministries, RBI, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) will be its members. Besides, representative from each of ATM original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), cash in transit (CIT) companies and white label ATM (WLA) operators will be invited to the Task Force’s deliberation
4. Padmini Rout wins 2016 National Women Premier Chess Championship
1. International Master Padmini Rout has won the 2016 National Women Premier Chess Championship. With this win, she has scored a hat-trick in the National Women Premier Chess Championship.
2. Earlier she had won the championship in 2014 and 2015. She was representing Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) and to secure a hat-trick of title wins after hard fought draw with her PSPB teammate Eesha Karavade. In this Chess Championship, S Vijayalakshmi of Air India won silver medal while Eesha Karavade of PSPB bagged bronze medal.
5. CPEC becomes reality as Pakistan inaugurates Gwadar port
1. Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated the operational activities of the revamped strategic Gwadar port in the south-western Balochistan Province.
2. With the operationalisation of the deep sea port, the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), linking western China to the Arabian Sea became a reality.
6. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank gets RBI’s final ‘small bank’ licence
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of . Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd) has got the final licence from the Reserve Bank of India to undertake small finance bank (SFB) business in India.
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd is expected to commence banking . operations in the first-quarter of 2017 after receiving the necessary approvals, registrations and licensing from various departments of the RBI and other agencies.
7. Govt. declares Zakir Naik’s NGO outlawed body for 5 years
1. The government today decided to declare an NGO promoted by controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik as an outlawed organisation under the anti-terror law for five years for its alleged terror activities.
2. The decision has been taken at a meeting of the Union Cabinet . presided over by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
3. The Cabinet approved a proposal to declare Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) as an ‘unlawful association’ under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act for five years, a Home Ministry official said.