Based on the recommendations of the Committee and after due scrutiny, the Government has approved to confer Dronacharya Awards, Dhyan Chand Awards and Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar for 2015 upon the following coaches, persons and entities.
Dronacharya Awardees and Dhyan Chand Awardees will receive statuettes, certificates and award money of Rs 5 lakh each. Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar awardees will receive certificates and trophies.
The awards are to be given away by the President Pranab Mukherjee on August 29, the National Sports Day.
Three-time Olympian and former Hockey Captain Ajitpal Singh was selected as the Chairman of the Dronacharya Award Selection Committee .
(i) Dronacharya Awards 2015
1. Wrestling coach Anoop Singh,
2. Paralympics coach Naval Singh,
3. Nihar Amin (swimming)- Lifetime achievement
4. S. R. Singh (boxing) Lifetime achievement
5. Harbans Singh (athletics) Lifetime achievement
(ii) Dhyan Chand Award 2015
1. Romeo James (hockey),
2. Shiv Prakash Mishra (tennis)
3. TPP Nair’s (volleyball)
(iii) Rashtriya Khel Protsahana Purushkar, 2015
1. Identification and nurturing of budding /young talent- Directorate General of Military Training
2. Encouragement to sports through Corporate Social Responsibility- Coal India Limited
3. Employment of sportspersons and sports welfare measures- Haryana Police
4. Sports for Development- Sports Coaching Foundation, Hyderabad