Dear Readers, we are presenting news related with defense and technology for upcoming IBPS PO Mians exam..
1. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has launched Trident Juncture Military Exercise in Italy to test the alliance’s ability to respond to new security threats.
3. India, United States and Japan navies have started 2015 Malabar Naval Exercise of the eastern coast in Bay of Bengal and India Ocean.
4. The third edition of India- Sri Lanka Joint Training Exercise Mitra Shakti-2015 concluded at Aundh Military Camp in Pune, Maharashtra
5. India-China Joint Military Training Exercise HAND-IN-HAND 2015 will be conducted at Kunming Military Academy of Yunnan province in China from 12 to 23 October 2015.
6. Indian Air Force (IAF) on 8 October 2015 celebrated its 83rd foundation day at the Hindon Air Force Station in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
7. INS Astradharani was commissioned into Indian Navy at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. It is Indian Navy’s first totally indigenously-designed and built Torpedo launch and recovery vessel (TRV). It is advanced replacement for INS Astravahini which was decommissioned from India Navy in July, 2015.
8. Reliance Defence has signed a strategic Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC) in defence sector. The MoU seeks to boost partnership between both countries for manufacturing, knowledge transfer, services and technology development from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
9. Union Government has given its approval for implementation of Integrated Air Command & Control System (IACCS) project of Indian Air force (IAF) with allocation of 8,000-crore rupees.
10. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has given its approval to a multi-billion dollar deal to purchase Military helicopters from United States aviation giant Boeing. Under this deal, India will purchase 22 Apache Attack helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers from Boeing.
11. Indian Coast Guard has commissioned two new ships named Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Apoorva and Interceptor Boat C-421. The ships were commissioned by Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief of Western Naval Command (Mumbai) off the naval dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
12. An indigenously developed second generation anti-tank guided missile, Amogha-I was successfully test fired.
13. Inaugural bilateral maritime exercise between India and Australia AUSINDEX15, commenced off coast of Visakhapatnam. The inaugural biennial exercise began with briefings and practical demonstrations ashore between Royal Australian Navy and Indian Navy before moving to sea.
14. The sixth Indo-Maldives joint Training Exercise, KUVERIN 2015 has commenced at Pangode Military Station in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala.
15. China and its strategic partner Pakistan have launched a joint air exercise called Shaheen (Eagle)-4 in China.
16. Union Government has given its nod to implement One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for ex-servicemen.
17. Delhi High Court in its landmark judgment has allowed women to get permanent commission in Indian Navy and allowed them to board on warships.
18. 50th anniversary of 1965 India-Pakistan war was observed across the country on 28 August 2015.
19. India has gifted its former Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Ship Varaha to Sri Lanka. The ceremonial of handing over of the ship took place at the port of Colombo in keeping with naval customs and traditions.
20. Pakistan and Russia have signed a landmark defence deal including the sale of 4 advance Mi-35 ‘Hind E’ combat helicopters to Pakistan.
21. The US military has launched the largest NATO airborne drills dubbed as Swift Response 15 since the end of the Cold War to enhance security and stability in the European region
22. India-US Combined Military Training Exercise YUDH ABHYAS 2015 will be held from 9th September 2015 at Joint Base Lewis McChord in United States
23. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 10 August has fully commissioned and started commercial production at the first indigenous Titanium Sponge Plant at Chavara in Kerala.
24. India’s first Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System (IUHDSS) was commissioned in Kochi, Kerala.
25. India’s Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael have partnered to produce Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) in India.