Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Pawan Kumar Agarwal appointed as CEO of FSSAI
1. Senior IAS officer Pawan Kumar Agarwal was on 22 December 2015 appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
2. He succeeded Yudhvir Singh Malik, who was shifted as Additional Secretary in Niti Aayog in September 2015. Malik is believed to be the man behind the ban on global giant Nestles popular noodle brand Maggi, which has now been removed.
2. Philippines becomes first Asian country to approve sale of dengue vaccine Dengvaxia
1. Philippines became the first Asian country to approve the sale of the world’s first ever dengue vaccine Dengvaxia in the country. The Dengvaxia vaccine has been manufactured by French pharmaceutical manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur. It has been designed to protect people in the 9-45 age groups from all four subtypes of the virus.
2. The Dengvaxia vaccine was produced as the result of an extensive clinical development programme of the French company than ran for almost two decades. Sanofi Pasteur has requested authorisation to roll out the vaccine in 20 countries. Earlier it secured its first regulatory approval in Mexico a fortnight ago and is currently being reviewed by around 20 countries in Asia and Latin America.
3. Cow named Yahoo's Personality of the Year
1. Search engine giant Yahoo on 21 December 2015 named Cow as the Personality of the Year 2015. The animal managed to top the list over other high-profile contenders for the spot in Yahoo's list of 2015 Year in Review (YIR) for India.
2. As per Yahoo India, it all started after the announcement of beef ban in Maharashtra, which led to massive debates and arguments. The Beef Controversy was fuelled further by Dadri lynching and Award Wapsi campaign, and the cow soon became the icon of discussions on intolerance.
3. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal were among the top newsmakers of 2015.
4. The rise of ISIS, 2015 World Cup, APJ Abdul Kalam's demise, the Sheena Bora Murder investigation and the Vyapam Scandal featured on the list of Most searched news / events in 2015.
In addition, Prime Minister Narendra Modi remained the Most Searched Politician in 2015 too.
4. International Tennis Federation announced winners of 2015 World Champions
1. International Tennis Federation (ITF) announced winners of 2015 World Champions.The awards were conferred on the basis of players’ performance in the 2015 season. They will receive their awards at the 2016 ITF World Champions Dinner on 31 May 2015, in Paris, during Roland Garros.
2. List of Winners
Men’s World Champion- Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Women’s World Champion- Serena Williams (the USA)
Men’s Doubles World Champions- Jean-Julien Rojer (Netherlands)& Horia Tecau (Romania)
Women’s Doubles World Champions- Martina Hingis (Switzerland) & Sania Mirza (India)
ITF Junior World Champions- Dalma Galfi (Hungary) & Taylor Fritz (the USA)
ITF Wheelchair World Champions- Jiske Griffioen (Netherlands) & Shingo Kunieda (Japan)
5. CCEA approved investment of 5000 crore rupees into ONGC Videsh
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 22 December 2015 gave its approval for investment of 5000 crore rupees by Oil and Natural Gas Company Limited (ONGC) into the equity share capital of ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) by conversion of existing loan of equivalent amount into equity.
2. The approved investment will strengthen the capital base of ONGC Videsh. It will enhance the ability of ONGC to undertake overseas Exploration and Production (E&P) business, thereby improving the energy security of the country.
With this investment, the equity base of OVL will rise to 15000 crore rupees. All the loan ONGC had given to OVL was at zero interest.
6. Tech Mahindra launches contactless wallet ‘MoboMoney’
1. Tech Mahindra has announced the launch of ‘MoboMoney’, a first of its kind ‘Tap N Pay’ contactless digital payment solution for the Indian masses.
2. MoboMoney is a prepaid wallet issued in the form of a NFC (Near Field Communication) contactless tag that could be used to ‘Tap N Pay’ for goods and services.This ‘Tap N Pay’ facility would be available on a network of NFC enabled merchant point of sale machines.
3. Billed as India’s first commercial NFC ecosystem rollout, MoboMoney allows consumers to load their wallet by paying cash at its 1000+ retail network, helping convert cash into e-cash.
The money loaded into the customer’s digital wallets can then be used to ‘Tap N Pay’ for over the counter payments, recharges, make bill payments, as well as pay online.
7. Wipro to acquire US co Viteos for $130 mn in outsourcing push
1. Wipro has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Viteos Group, a business process as-a-service (BPaaS) provider for the alternative investment management industry, for a purchase consideration of $130 million (about Rs. 860 crore).
2. Viteos was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, and is a leader in shadow-accounting services and offers middle- and back-office outsourcing through its more than 400 employees.The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals and will be completed in the quarter ending March 31, 2016.
8. Australia skipper Steve Smith named ICC Cricketer of the Year
1. Australia captain Steve Smith was named ICC Cricketer of the Year for 2015 after scoring a world leading 1,734 runs at an average of 82.57 with seven centuries over the voting period.
2. The Australian also scooped the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year award while South Africa batsman AB de Villiers was rated the best player in the one-day game, winning the award for the second successive year.
3. His team mate Faf du Plessis won the award for best Twenty20 performance of 2015 for his 56-ball innings of 119 against West Indies in January, the third highest score of all time in T20 internationals.
4. Australia captain Meg Lanning was the women's One Day International Cricketer of the Year, while her West Indies counterpart Stafanie Taylor won the women's Twenty20 award.
5. Khurram Khan of the United Arab Emirates was named Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year, while England's Richard Kettleborough was named best umpire for a third year in a row.
6. Australian paceman Josh Hazlewood was named best emerging player, while the Spirit of Cricket Award went to New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum, who made a virtue of his team's sportsmanship as he led them to the final of the World Cup.