Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Virender Sehwag appointed as mentor for Kings XI Punjab for IPL season 9
1. Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag was appointed as mentor of the Kings XI Punjab team for season 9 of Indian Premier League (IPL) on 1 February 2016.
2. In his new role, Sehwag will work along with head coach Sanjay Bangar and would be responsible for guiding and motivating the squad.
2. Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi appointed as India’s Envoy to Mexico
1. Senior IFS officer Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as India’s Ambassador to Mexico.
2. Pardeshi is a Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 1991 batch. He is currently posted as Joint Secretary (Passport division) in the Union Ministry of External Affairs.
3. He served as the Deputy Head of Mission at the Embassy of India in Jakarta from 2007 to 2010. During 1993-2001, he worked with Indian Missions in Mexico, Colombia and Nepal.
3. Kidambi Srikanth won Men's Singles title of Syed Modi International Badminton Championships 2016
1. Ace Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth won the Men's Singles title of the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships 2016. In the final played at Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium in Lucknow, Srikanth defeated China's Huang Yuxiang, 21-13, 14-21, 21-14.
2. This was Srikanth’s fifth title overall, the other four titles include Thailand Grand Prix Gold, China Super Series premier, Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold and India Super Series.
4. Fukuoka to host 2021 World Aquatics Championships
1. The International Swimming Federation (FINA) announced that the Japanese city of Fukuoka will host the 2021 World Aquatics Championships.
2. On the other hand, the Qatari capital Doha will host the 2023 event.The decision was made after a vote of the FINA executive committee in Budapest.
5. DIPP gives nod to set up India’s first Defence Industrial Park at Ottappalam
1. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) of Union Government has given its final approval to Kerala Government’s approval to set up India’s first Defence Industrial Park at Ottappalam.
2. Proposal in this regard was forwarded by Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (Kinfra), a Kerala government owned Public Sector Company.
3. The park would be established in 60 acres of land at cost of Rs. 231 crore with the financial help of Central and State government. Union government will invest Rs 50 crore in it while the rest of the amount would be met by the State government.
6. Novak Djokovic wins 2016 Australian Open Men’s Singles Title of Tennis
1. World Number One tennis player Novak Djokovic from Serbia has won the 2016 Australian Open Title in the men’s singles category for. In the final match played at Melbourne, Australia he defeated Andy Murray of Britain in 7 straight sets by 6-1, 7-5, 7-6 score.
2. With this win, Djokovic retained the title and also equalled the record of Roy Emerson’s record of six Australian Open Singles titles. He had earlier won this title in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
3. Elena Vesnina (Russia) and Bruno Soares (Brazil) has won the 2016 Australian Open title in the mixed doubles category. In the final match, they defeated Coco Vandeweghe (US) and Horia Tecău (Romania) pair by 6–4, 4–6, [10–5] score.
7. British TV and Radio presenter Terry Wogan passes away
1. Veteran British TV and radio presenter Sir Terry Wogan passed away in London after long battle with cancer. He was 77. In Britain, he was one of the most popular personalities on both radio and television for several decades and often described his profession as jobbing broadcaster.
8. Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba takes over as new Commanding-in-chief of WNC
1. Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba took over as Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of Mumbai headquartered Western Naval Command (WNC) at a ceremonial parade held at INS Shikra. He took the charge from Vice Admiral SPS Cheema who retired after completing nearly four decades of service to the nation and the Indian Navy.
2. Prior to this appointment, Mr. Lanba was Commander-in-chief of the Southern Naval Command at Kochi and head of the premier operational Command of the Indian Navy.
9. Datta Padsalgikar appointed as Mumbai Police Commissioner
1. Senior IPS officer Datta Padsalgikar has been appointed as the Commissioner of Police of Mumbai. He will be 40th Police Commissioner of Mumbai.
2. He succeeds Ahmed Javed who had retired from service and was appointed as Ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia.
10. Pietro Fittipaldi wins 2015 MRF Challenge Formula 2000
1. Brazilian racing driver Pietro Fittipaldi has won the 2015 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 by winning two of the four races. The racing event was held at Madras Motor Racing Track in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu. The winning race helped him to earn total 244 points to top among the other racers.
2. It was the 4th running edition of the MRF Challenge Formula 2000 Championship. It had started in October 2015 at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi and the series comprised of total 14 races. This edition of event concluded in January 2016 at the Madras Motor Racing Track.