Dear SSC Aspirants, practice General studies questions for upcoming CGL 2016 and Other exams.
2. During which Gupta king’s reign did the Chinese traveler Fahien visit India?
(a) Chandragupra I,
(b) Chandragupra II,
3. Which king of the Gupta Dynasty was called the Napolean of India?
(b) Chandragupra Vikramaditya,
d) Chandragupra I
4. Who amongst the following organized Ashwamedha Yajna?
5. Consider the following literary works:
I. Kumar Sambhavam, II. Mudrarakshasa, III. Raghuvamsa, IV. Ritusamhara
Which of these were the works of Kalidasa?
(a) I, II and III,
(b) II, III and IV,
(c) I, III and IV,
(d) I, II and IV
6.Find out the point which was not a similarity between Buddhism and Jainism.
(a) Both had equal faith in ahimsa.
(b) Both believed in the Law of Doctrine or Karma.
(c) Both accepted followers without any caste distinction.
(d) Both were agnostic and rejected the Vedic thoughts.
7.The real founder of Jainism was:
(a) Vardhaman Mahavira
8.Match the following
List I List II
1. Gosala Maskariputra A. Leader of the Digambaras
2. Bhadrabahu B. A Jaina monk for whom a huge statue was installed at Shravanabelagola
3. Bahubali (Gomateswara) C. Chairman of the second Jaina Council
4. Devardhi (Kshamasraman) D. Leader of the Svetambaras
5. Sthulabahu E. Collegue of Mahavira for six years during his wandering.
(a) 1–E, 2–A, 3–B, 4–C, 5–D
(b) 1–A, 2–C, 3–D, 4–E, 5–B
(c) 1–A, 2–B, 3–C, 4–D, 5–E
(d) 1–B, 2–C, 3–A, 4–D, 5–E
9.Vardhamana was said to have attained Nirvana under the
(a) Sal tree
(b) Pipal tree
(c) Neem tree
(d) Banyan tree
10.During his lifetime, Mahavira’s techings were confined to the Ganga Valley. But in later centuries, they spread to many regions. Which of the following was not such region?
(d) West Benga